Dusk

Tuesday, October 30, 2012





We turned back the clocks here this weekend and it's noticeably darker now during the day. I always get a bit nervous about it, since it feels like the whole city goes into hibernation as the days get shorter and colder. I talk a lot about light on this blog in the winter time, but that's because it's so important when you don't have it. We got a wake up light this year, just in time, and it is amazing. I wake up right away with the light, and I love that it has a sunset setting at night so you can fall asleep to a cozy, warm glow. The other week when I was sick I forced myself to go out for a walk around the moats before the sun went down, just so I would have gotten outside once that day. I'm trying to get in the habit of taking a weekly walk, which sadly can seem hard to fit in my schedule these days. But I find when I do take the time to slow down, breathe some fresh air and take in my surroundings, I feel so much better. And it's even more important as the days get shorter, to try to appreciate some of the beauty of this time in between fall and winter, instead of just hiding away from it all. 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a beautiful place to walk.

    I am jealous that Europe has already turned the clocks. I have been wishing for "fall back" these last couple of mornings as I have been going to work again. So cold and dark!

    At least the snow (yes, we already have snow) brightens the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference in the mornings - especially when you are biking! And yes, the snow. Thankfully we aren't quite there yet although it does brighten things up. Congrats again on the new job, so exciting!

      Delete
  2. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! That's so nice to hear!

      Delete

Fint & Dejlig All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger